Job vacancy details
Family Intervention Team Worker (V2094)
|Employer||West Berkshire Council||Reference||C/13/775|
|Published||Thu 16/05/2013 17:00 PM||Closing Date||Fri 31/05/2013 17:00 PM|
|Working Pattern||Full Time, Contract position||Hours||37|
|Salary||£24,646-£29,236 per annum Grade H||DBS Check||Enhanced|
|Location||York House Newbury|
Fixed term until 30/03/2015
The Family Intervention Team is part of West Berkshire’s Family Resource Service which delivers a range of targeted preventative services to vulnerable families.
We are looking to appoint a motivated and passionate individual to work within the Intensive Family Intervention Team, undertaking intensive direct work with children their families with multiple needs. You will establish close relationships with the families in order to strengthen parenting capabilities and prevent children from becoming looked after or suffer significant harm.Duties will involve:
• Setting clear goals and objectives for the families, activating sanctions as required
• Working closely with the Turnaround Families Programme
• Coordinating partnership working to obtain the best outcome for families, including Schools, Police, Housing Officers and Social Workers
• Delivering structured 1-1 parenting support to families
• Utilising a Strengthening Families model and solutions focussed approach with families to bring about positive change in behaviour, aspirations and outcomes
• Ensuring safeguarding policies and procedures are implemented
To apply, you proven experience working directly with children and families with challenging needs and preferably a relevant qualification. We are looking for candidates able to demonstrate positive outcomes in difficult cases through the use of evidence-based interventions. Applicants will have drive and determination, and be willing to work flexibly to meet the needs of the families (including early morning, evening and weekend duties).
A full driving license is required for this role as you will be required to travel throughout the district.
For an infomal discussion please contact Julia Waldman on 01653 519810
The Council supports Equal Opportunity of employment, and positively encourages applications from people in under represented groups such as people with disabilities or from a minority ethnic group.
Please complete an online application form
If you require technical assistance with your application please contact 0845 835 0558