Job vacancy details
Senior Support Worker
|Employer||Reading Borough Council | Directorate of Education, Social Services and Housing||Reference||HCC0773|
|Published||Thu 05/07/2012 15:34 PM||Closing Date||Thu 19/07/2012 23:59 PM|
|Working Pattern||Full Time, Permanent position||Hours||Full time • Permanent|
|Salary||RG5, scp 28-34: £23,708 - £28,636 pa (Successful candidates will normally start at the first point of the grade to which they are appointed)||DBS Check||Enhanced|
|Location||Shared Lives Team, Whitley Wood|
This position is based in the Shared Lives Team in Whitley Wood.
The Shared Lives Team are dedicated to supporting carers that provide adults with learning disabilities the opportunity to live in the local community within the carer’s own home.
We are looking for a dynamic, self motivated and innovative person to take on the role of Senior Support Worker, reporting to the Assistant Team Manager, within the Shared Lives Service Team.
You will be able to demonstrate:
• a commitment to delivering Person Centred Support to a range of individuals
• experience of supporting vulnerable adults
• the ability to work on your own initiative as well as within a team
• strong verbal, written and IT skills
• ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
• NVQ4 in Care and Promoting Independence or commitment to achieving this
• basic IT skills
• experience of conducting supervision.
You will also demonstrate a commitment to anti-oppressive practice, along with a flexible attitude to travelling around and working in the local area.
For more information about this post, please contact Katrina Gordon or Stuart Kearney on 0118 937 5347 .
An Enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure will be sought from the successful candidate.
Closing date: 19 July 2012 • Interview date: tbc