Job vacancy details
|Employer||Reading Borough Council||Reference||N/A|
|Published||Thu 12/07/2012 16:00 PM||Closing Date||Fri 10/08/2012 23:59 PM|
|Working Pattern||Part Time, Contract position||Hours||17* hours per week – to be worked flexibly by agreement *Fixed-term until 31 March 2013 * possible extension of hours and contract duration subject to funding|
|Salary||£19,621 - £22,958 pro rata (NJC Scale 22-27) (Successful candidates will normally start at the first point of the grade to which they are appointed)||DBS Check||Yes|
|Location||Home Start Reading - Support and friendship for families Maples Centre, Lyon Square, Tilehurst, Reading RG30 4DD|
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A READING BOROUGH COUNCIL VACANCY – PLEASE CONTACT HOMESTART DIRECTLY TO APPLY
Home-Start is a voluntary organisation committed to promoting the welfare of families with at least one child under five years of age.Volunteers offer regular support, friendship and practical help to families under stress, in their own homes, helping to prevent family crisis and breakdown.
Home-Start Reading also runs two family groups which support children and parents.
The main role of the Organiser, supervised by the Senior Organiser, is:
Support for families:
• receiving referrals and assessing needs of families
• introducing families to appropriate support
• ensuring support to families is reviewed at regular intervals
• to undertake designated responsibilities to safeguard and promote children’s welfare.
• recruiting, selecting and training volunteers
• matching and introducing volunteers to families
• providing support, supervision and on-going training opportunities for volunteers.
Essential requirements include:
• understanding of the needs of families with young children
• knowledge of current legislation and good practice relating to young children
• knowledge of the roles of agencies providing services for children and families
• supervisory skills
• use of car
• undergoing enhanced CRB check.
To receive an application pack, please telephone 0118 942 9518 or email
For an informal discussion with Ruth Fleming , Senior Organiser, please ring the above number.
Homestart Reading is committed to equal opportunities.
Closing date: Friday, 10 August 2012 • Interview date: Thursday, 30 August 2012