Job vacancy details
Clerk to the Governing Body
|Employer||Reading Borough Council | Schools||Reference||N/A|
|Published||Fri 17/05/2013 11:11 AM||Closing Date||Fri 24/05/2013 12:00 PM|
|Working Pattern||Part Time, Permanent position||Hours|
|Salary||Scale RG3 (starting at spinal point 15)||DBS Check||Enhanced|
|Location||Coley Primary School|
Coley Primary is a one form entry friendly town centre school with pupils who have a wide range of backgrounds and languages.
This is a key role providing administrative and advisory support to the Governing Body.
- responsibility for preparing agendas in consultation with the Headteacher and the Chairman of Governors
- taking and writing up the minutes at governors’ meetings
- distributing documentation and other information to the governing body.
You will need to become familiar with the Guide to the Law for School Governors and provide advice to the governors as necessary.
There are usually four early evening meetings of the full governing body per year and then additional meetings for the remaining sub committees, attendance at all meetings is required.
You will also be expected to attend the termly briefing sessions held by the LA and take advantage of training sessions that may be offered.
Key skills and attributes required:
- good organisational and record keeping skills
- arrange meetings, produce agendas and take accurate and concise minutes
- flexibility and discretion at all times essential
- good literacy, numeracy, IT skills and communication skills as essential
- confident Microsoft Office user
- access to email essential
- someone who is a good communicator who works equally well using their own initiative or as part of a term.
We would like to meet you…
To arrange a visit, or obtain an application pack, please contact the school office on 0118 937 5461 or email
Do not send a CV as, for the purposes of Equal Opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure will be sought from the successful candidate.
Closing date: Noon, Friday 24 May 2012 • Shortlisting date: w/c 3 June 2013 • Interviews: w/c 17 June 2013
Coley Primary School
Wolseley Street, Reading, Berkshire RG1 6AZ
Tel: 0118 9375461 • Fax: 0118 9375462