Job vacancy details
|Employer||Reading Borough Council | Directorate of Environment, Culture and Sport||Reference||MUS0155|
|Published||Thu 12/07/2012 15:41 PM||Closing Date||Thu 26/07/2012 23:59 PM|
|Working Pattern||Full Time, Permanent position||Hours||Full-time, 37 hours per week • Permanent|
|Salary||Grade RG4 scp 21-25 £19,126 - £21,519 pa + shift allowance (Successful candidates will normally start at the first point of the grade to which they are appointed)||DBS Check||No|
|Location||Cultural Services - Museum & Town Hall|
You will be required to:
• assist in the delivery of a professional catering service, ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service
• offer support to the chef by supervising activity within the kitchen
• ensuring the service is operating effectively including cleanliness and presentation of food
• provide efficient planning and ordering of all food supplies
• prepare food orders for all functions, conferences weddings and special events, ensuring that all aspects of the requests are met in order to provide a high standard of service to customers.
In the absence of the Chef you will be required to manage the day-to-day kitchen operation to a consistently high standard ensuring that the premises and all equipment are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and safety.
You will work closely with other teams to create greater internal connectivity, acting on ideas to provide maximum value for money.
Please do not send a CV. For the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Closing date: 26 July 201