|Employer||Medway Schools | Silverbank Park||Reference||n/a|
|Published||Thu 05/12/2013 12:47 PM||Closing Date||Fri 13/12/2013 12:00 PM|
|Working Pattern||Part Time, Term Time, Contract position||Hours||33 hours per week, term-time only|
|Salary||Medway Scale D2 (£15,039-£19,126) + special needs allowance, pro rata||DBS Check||Enhanced|
|Location||The Oaks, Silverbank Park Silverbank Churchill Avenue Chatham Kent ME5 0BL|
The Oaks, Silverbank Park, Silverbank, Churchill Avenue, Chatham, Kent ME5 0LB
The Oaks operates as a school for pupils with social, emotional and behavioural needs. It caters for up to 40 Key Stage 3 and 4 pupils who are currently unable to access mainstream education. All pupils have a Statement of Special Educational Needs.
It is a challenging but rewarding environment with a cohesive and highly motivated staff team. Are you someone who could make a positive contribution?
FOR JANUARY 2014 – TEACHING ASSISTANT (x 2) – The Oaks is due to become a Free School in September 2014, as a result the positions will be on a fixed term contract in the first instance. (Possibility of permanent employment at the new Free School).
Experienced, well-qualified and with an understanding of the needs of pupils with behavioural, emotional and social difficulties, you will inspire and encourage pupils to get the best learning experience, supporting class teachers in small groups or working with individual pupils. There may also be the opportunity to work with our Pastoral Team in the Willow Room; an inclusion room which allows our pupils the time to reflect on attitudes, behaviours and achievements.
- Have a commitment to raising standards for all young people in one or more subject areas.
- Be able to use their own initiative and work well as part of a team.
- Enjoy challenging, supporting and motivating young people.
- Be highly motivated and have passion, integrity and enthusiasm to drive the school forward.
In return we can offer:
- A dynamic school with high expectations.
- An enthusiastic staff team and fantastic children.
- Opportunities to develop and take on new challenges.
- A supportive and visionary leadership group.
Closing date: Friday 13th December 2013
This school is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Application forms for this post can be requested from by telephone on 01634 338814 or by email from .