Current Vacancies at L&Q
Job vacancy details
Head of Learning and Development – approx 6-9 month contract
|Employer||London and Quadrant Housing Trust||Reference||HLDCH1|
|Published||Wed 15/08/2012 11:29 AM||Closing Date||Thu 30/08/2012 17:00 PM|
|Working Pattern||Full Time, Contract position||Hours||9-5|
|Salary||Starting salary £55,123, plus £1250.00 per annum Essential Car User Allowance pro-rata*||DBS Check||No|
|Location||Based at Maidstone Road, Sidcup, Kent DA14 5HU|
When you look for a new employer, choose somewhere that cares as much about its staff as it does about its customers. We place a strong emphasis on staff training, welfare and development. L&Q is a charitable housing association offering people the chance to buy or rent homes throughout London and the South of England.
Reporting to the Group Director of Human Resources your principal focus will be to develop and deliver an effective organisational learning and development strategy that meets the current and future needs of the business. You will ensure that all OD programmes are in alignment with strategic objectives and continually support the development of our culture.
Some key responsibilities and abilities:
- Support and advise the senior management team to implement effective OD initiatives to both support business transformation and the corporate plan
- Lead the research, development and implementation of OD initiatives.
- Manage and develop the Learning & Development team
- Lead and implement Talent Management Strategies
- Develop and improve the organisational culture
- Support the HR Director/Board members on team development, succession planning, talent pooling and development, change management
- Lead on the ongoing implementation of digital learning strategy (e- learning /knowledge management/technology supported learning etc)
- To lead on the annual engagement staff events i.e. Staff Conference, People Managers’ Day, regional team away days and team building activities
- Education to postgraduate degree level or equivalent & CIPD or equivalent qualification
- Qualified coach or a psychometric testing practitioner desired
- Outstanding project management skills and ability to work well under pressure.
- Extensive organisational development experience, gained in a complex, customer-orientated, multi-disciplinary organisational environment essential*
- Proven leader of high performing learning and development teams who have added a commercial value to the business
- Excellent communication skills, personal impact with senior management and credibility that makes others listen
- Commercially astute with outstanding strong project management skills
Interviews will be held on 12th September 2012
Please note due to a high number of applications we will be unable to reschedule the advertised interview date. However if the panel do not recruit on the day and you meet the shortlist we will arrange to interview you at a later date.
Early applications are encouraged as we are experiencing a high volume of applicants for all posts, we will review numbers of applicants on a daily basis and once we have received sufficient forms we reserve the right to close the advertisement. As soon as the advert is closed, no further applications will be accepted.
If you have not heard from us within 10 days of the job closing please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.