Job vacancy details
Social Care Assistant x2, Children’s Access Team
|Employer||Harrow Council||Reference||CH SC2406|
|Published||Wed 20/06/2012 09:00 AM||Closing Date||Fri 20/07/2012 23:59 PM|
|Working Pattern||Full Time, Contract position||Hours|
|Salary||Grade H5 - H7: £21,375-£28,032||DBS Check||Enhanced|
Redeployees will be given priority consideration. 6 Months Fixed Term Contract
Play your part in a new model
Early this year, we launched a brand new operating model for children’s services – a radical transformation driven by a complete system re-design.
We now have a seamless, fully integrated multi-agency service with one point of contact and a true team around the family. Our visionary approach is based on the firm foundations of evidence, best practice and extensive consultation. Joining us now will give you an important say in the detail and the development of service delivery as we continue on our ambitious journey.
We are committed to supporting and developing the skills and expertise of our workforce. The following opportunities and initiatives are available:
- Individual coaching for managers
- Independently supported and facilitated team planning and development sessions
- West London Alliance Training Consortium for NQSW, EPD & Front Line Manager’s training: Courses on Best Evidence practice, Triple P, Brief Solutions Focus Therapy etc.
- Reflective practice sessions, coaching and mentoring with independent associate consultants
- Three tier systemic family therapy training – introductory, foundation and advanced programmes in association with Morning Lane Associates and the Institute of Family Therapy
- Membership of the National Re-Design Network to implement Professor Munro’s recommendations
Do you think you can work with children and their families?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for professionals to enhance their knowledge and skills in providing an initial response and screening of contacts from professionals and members of the public, children and their families, within the Children’s Access team.
These are 6 month contracts that have become available due to increased demand on the service.
We are looking for energetic people who:
- Can develop good working relationships with children, their families and professionals.
- Can remain calm and offer advice and guidance to professionals, members of the public, children, young people and their families in relation to concerns about a child or young persons welfare.
- Understands when action under child protection procedures is necessary.
- Has clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Can prioritise and organise their workload.
- Can work in partnership with external and internal services and agencies.
- Has the confidence to address families and professionals in sometimes highly emotive circumstances and be able to negotiate a solution in the interests of children’s welfare.
- Competent in I.T. skills.
We will offer training, supervision, ongoing support and a friendly working environment to enable the successful candidates to develop their skills, experience and knowledge.
The post is subject to enhanced Criminal Records Bureau disclosure.
For an informal discussion please contact Nicola Janes, Team Manager Children’s Access Team on 020 8736 6445.
Closing date: 20th July 2012