Job vacancy details
EAL Teaching Assistants
|Published||Fri 10/05/2013 08:55 AM||Closing Date||Mon 20/05/2013 15:00 PM|
|Working Pattern||Part Time, Term Time, Contract position||Hours||minimum 20 hours per week. Term time only|
|Salary||Scale G1 £15,615 - £16,482 pa pro rata||DBS Check||Enhanced|
Required for September 2013 – Term time only (fixed-term contract for one year, with a view to becoming permanent)
Kenmore Park Infant & Nursery School is an inspirational school focusing on the development of the whole child.
The school is seeking to appoint two highly skilled Teaching Assistants with excellent written and verbal communication skills in Romanian or Tamil to support our EAL Team.
We are looking for individuals who possess:
- vision, drive, energy and commitment
- excellent classroom practice
- a passion for working with children
- a current First Aid Certificate (desirable)
- NVQ Level 3 (desirable) or a teaching qualification in their home country.
Duties will include:
- Working under the instruction of the Inclusion Leader to plan and deliver specific support and intervention to EAL learners in class or in small groups and at times one-to-one.
- Observing and assessing pupils to maintain assessment records to show progress.
- Acting as an Ambassador for the school and supporting communication between home and school to develop strong partnerships.
- Promoting inclusion and encouraging pupils to develop social, number and language skills at their own pace.
- Following all school policies and procedures.
Applicants must have experience of working with Infant aged children, paid or unpaid, if possible in a school setting.
Kenmore Park Infant and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointment to the post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and background checks and references
Closing date: 3.00 p.m. Monday 20th May
Interviews will be held during week beginning 3rd June 2013 – date to be confirmed
Application packs are available from Wilma Hutcheson, School Administrator, Kenmore Park Infant & Nursery School, Moorhouse Road, Harrow, HA3 9JA.
Tel: 020 8204 8759.