Personal Assistant to Head Teacher - Cloughside College
Employer:Bury Metropolitan Borough Council
Published:Thu 13/06/2013 08:00 AM
Closing date:Mon 24/06/2013 12:00 PM
Working pattern:Part Time, Permanent position
Hours:27 hours 30 minutes per week, term time only
Salary:£10,902 to £12,151 per annum
CLOUGHSIDE COLLEGE, Bury New Road, Prestwich, Manchester, M25 3BL (Tel: 0161 772 4625 E-mail:
) PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO HEAD TEACHER
£10,902 to £12,151 per annum Ref: 8160 Required as soon as possible. Cloughside College is a co-educational college providing education for young people admitted to the two adolescent units situated within the Greater Manchester West Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust, on its Prestwich site. These two units come within the Young Persons’ Directorate. We are looking for a dedicated and highly skilled School Manager to join the team at Cloughside College. It is an exciting time for the college as we have just moved into a new building and are keen to raise standards for our young people even further. The College is a Group 2 (hospital) Community Special School, and is administered by Bury Children’s Services Department.
A vacancy has arisen to support the work of the school in operating and organising the College office. The successful candidate will work across both units. The hours of work are 27.5 per week, term-time only worked in accordance with service requirements. The Head Teacher is looking to appoint a person who has:
• Proven experience of providing a high level of customer service.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• High levels of motivation and initiative to make things happen.
• Excellent organisational skills and experience of working to deadlines.
• The ability to work as part of a team.
• In-depth knowledge and experience of using relevant ICT packages and excellent word processing skills
• Minimum of GCSE English and Maths A* – C (or equivalent) more advanced qualifications will be welcome Employees of Cloughside College have a responsibility for, and must be committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm. Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service. Interviews will be held on Friday 28th June 2013. Application forms and further details are downloadable from this page and returned to Ms A Thorp, School Manager, Cloughside College, Bury New Road, Prestwich, Manchester, M25 3BL (Tel: 0161 772 4625. E-mail: ) by post or email by noon on Monday 24th June 2013.