Parent Link Worker - Fiddlers Lane Primary School
Employer:Salford City Council
Published:Fri 15/06/2012 00:01 AM
Closing date:Fri 29/06/2012 12:00 PM
Working pattern:Term Time, Temporary position
Hours:10 hours per week
Salary:£4, 023 - 5, 044 per annum
Location:Fiddlers Lane Primary School, Fiddlers Lane, Irlam
Parent Link Worker
10 Hours per week
Fiddlers Lane Community Primary School
Fixed Term (1 year)
An opportunity has arisen for a temporary member of staff to work at our school, term time only, starting in September 2012.
The main duties are:
• To develop, organise and promote new and existing projects to improve parent/carer and school links, taking into account parents’/carers’ views.
• To encourage parent/carer involvement in activities including workshops, the parent council and special event days.
• To appropriately update school parent information sites e.g. noticeboards, Facebook, Twitter.
• To research funding opportunities.
• To encourage parents’/carers’ involvement in their children’s learning to raise standards of achievement. The successful applicant must be able to act as a link between school and parents/carers, encouraging them to access activities within school and the wider community in order to support their child’s learning, and be able to work well as part of a team.
Fiddlers Lane Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The posts are subject to enhanced CRB disclosures.
Closing date: 29th June
Interviews: 11th July