Deputy Head Teacher - Tottington Primary School
Employer:Bury Metropolitan Borough Council
Published:Mon 02/12/2013 12:00 PM
Closing date:Thu 16/01/2014 12:00 PM
Working pattern:Full Time, Permanent position
Salary:£44,971 to £49,622 per annum - Leader Spine Points L8-L12
TOTTINGTON PRIMARY SCHOOL, Moorside Road, Tottington, Bury, BL8 3HR (Tel. 01204 886169, Fax. 01204 888246, email:
) DEPUTY HEAD TEACHER
Leadership Spine Points L8–L12
£44,971 to £49,622 per annum REF: 8318 Required from 28th April 2014 The Governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational and innovative Deputy Head Teacher. You will be expected to carry on the good work of your predecessor in support of the Head Teacher and the school community through the demonstration of strong leadership skills, a good record of attainment and achievement and a strong belief that the children in your care should enjoy their learning experiences whilst realising their full potential. Our school can offer you: • Friendly, happy children who enjoy learning.
• Very hard working, enthusiastic and committed staff.
• Dedicated and highly supportive Governors.
• An effective partnership with parents and the local community.
• A strong commitment to further improving the achievement of all pupils. We are looking for someone who will: • Support the Head Teacher to lead, manage, inspire and enthuse the whole school community.
• Have a clear vision, determination and passion to develop each child to their fullest potential.
• Have excellent communication and management skills.
• Further develop the strong partnership between children, staff, parents, governors and the wider community.
• Have very high expectations and aspirations for our children. Visits to the school are strongly encouraged by prior arrangement during weeks commencing Monday 16th December, Monday 6th January and Monday 13th January. Please contact the school’s Business Manager, Mrs McMahon, by telephone or e-mail at the school to make an appointment. Short listing will take place on Wednesday 22nd January Interviews will be held on Wednesday 5th February in school
Thursday 6th February at the
Development and Training Centre
Seedfield Site, Parkinson Street
BL9 6NY Employees of Tottington Primary School have a responsibility for, and must be committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service. Application forms and further details are downloadable from this page and returnable to Mr Peter Dickson, Chair of Governors, Tottington Primary School, Moorside Road, Tottington, Bury, BL8 3HR by noon on Thursday 16th January 2014.