Employer:Castle Point Borough Council
Published:Wed 04/07/2012 11:07 AM
Closing date:Wed 18/07/2012 17:00 PM
Working pattern:Full Time, Permanent position
Salary:Local Scale Points 14 - 21, £15,725 to £19,126 p.a.
We have a reputation for providing high quality, professional financial and accounting services therefore we welcome applications from people who:
- Are self-motivated and always work to high standards
- Have basic experience of regular accounting functions and principles
- Have or are studying for AAT qualification, or have equivalent experience
- Have excellent computer literacy skills (to intermediate level) including Word and Excel
And the ability to:
- Administer the Council’s creditors system with responsibility for paying suppliers on time
- Maintain cash books and reconcile bank accounts (cover for other post)
- Readily learn a variety of ad hoc duties within a finance department
- Keep up to date with essential daily routines and deal promptly with issues
- Prioritise workload and maintain high attention to detail and accuracy, even under pressure
- Communicate effectively with colleagues
- Work as part of a team
For an informal discussion please contact Rob Greenfield on 01268 882216.
Interviews date: Week beginning 23rd July
Should you have difficulty with your application, please e-mail
CV’s will not be accepted.
This Council is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and we expect all our employees to share this commitment.
Castle Point Borough Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer.